copyright gluten free vancouver
the next time you take a shopping trip to Homesense, a home decor discount department store in Canada, you can also pick up a variety of gluten free baking mixes, flour, cookies, and snacks in the kitchen section! Andrea and I were really surprised and excited to see so many gluten free products here, just as we were when we discovered gluten free products at Ikea.
some of the products include GoGo Quinoa Quinoa Flour (500g), Josef Animal Cookies, and Coco Mira Hazelnut Crunch cookies, which are really good! Andrea and I have also tried pizza made from Better Batter gluten free all purpose flour mix, and it was excellent. we both also really like products from GoGo Quinoa including their cereals, pasta, and chocolate chip cookies.
over the past six months we have been here twice and on each trip we have noticed the product stocks vary, but between both trips here is a full list of the gluten free products we found at Homesense:
- Better Batter- all purpose flour, seasoned flour mix
- 1-2-3 Gluten Free- chocolate pound cake mix, cookie mix (add your own fillings) *also free of dairy, casein, peanuts, tree nuts, eggs, and soy
- Gluten Free Pantry- sandwich bread mix
- The Pure Pantry- chocolate chip cookie mix, sugar cookie mix
- Cherry Brook Kitchen- chocolate chip cookie mix, sugar cookie mix, pancake and waffle mix, chocolate chip pancake mix, yellow cake mix, fudge brownie mix *also peanut, dairy, egg, and nut free
- Coffarro's Baking Co.- chocolate chip, cranberry almond, and lemon vanilla biscotti *also dairy free
- Amazing Dad's BBQ Sauce- original, honey-lemon, honey-garlic
- Go Go Quinoa- quinoa flour, orange zest cookies
- Jo-seph- vanilla o's cookies, animal cookies
- Kind- gluten free fruit and nut bars
- Bakery on Main- peanut butter and chocolate granola bars ($5.99)
- Andean Dream- coconut and chocolate chip quinoa cookies ($5.99)
- Truly Organic Baking- pancake and waffle mix
- Glutino- pretzel sticks, pretzel twists
- Flamous - falafel ships
- La Yapa Organic- red and golden quinoa
- Yummy Earth- organic lollipops and candy drops (post coming soon on their gummy bears)
the prices that were marked on these products the days that we visited appeared to be fairly reasonable, with all of the gluten free baking mixes priced at $4.99, while the Pure Pantry, Better Batter and GoGo Quinoa flour mixes were $5.99. we also appreciate that Homesense has labeled the shelving with a green gluten free label, however be careful as products tend to shift around and you might find a non-gluten free item on the same shelf.
happy gluten free shopping! Robyn.